Thursday, June 28, 2012

Camp counseling, and randomness... =)

So, I am going to try and post more over the summer...

My present state is: relaxed. =)





So, how have all my blog friends been? I must apologize for being so out of touch..

Last week I had the opportunity to counsel at camp. Being responsible for 9 boys from the ages of 8-12 for a week is a very exciting, and nerve wracking experience! Nerve racking because you begin to have that parent instinct come out:

"Now don't do that! You might hurt yourself!"

or

"Hey... where is Micah... guys... where is Micah?
*higher, slightly frighten voice*
"GUYS? WHERE IS MICAH!"
*a small tug at your leg*
"oh... hehe... uhm.. there you are! I wasn't *really* worried about where you ran off to... let's go though!"

All joking aside, you really grow close to these young guys but most importantly, to Christ. Friday is always a sad day when you have to say goodbye. The purpose of going to camp as a counselor is to point these young people towards Christ, but very often, they point you to Him. Relying on His strength when you have run out, and feel you just can't run one more time up the *big* hill, or answer one more difficult question, and then feeling His strength come to the rescue and keep you going, even though humanly you can't, is a wonderful thing. Or as they say at camp, "a God-thing". Building patience, trust, and Christ-like love for these young people is what God showed me. I wouldn't trade the very tiring, ( yes.. it was tiring ) but incredible chance to be an influence for these guys, who for some of them, don't have any Light of the truth being shown at home. I did have a sad encounter with one young man who understood the Gospel, but refused to accept it for himself. I can't, and would not force anyone to believe the Gospel but to see someone completely understand, and then directly refuse God's gift was tough.. I think that night, after our talk, was the first night I have ever felt such "anguish" inside... Please pray for him, I am going to leave him unnamed for now. Thanks!


Well, tis time for bed. =)
Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment