Saturday, June 5, 2010

Well, as I told a friend in an email, I think I am fighting a losing battle! For those who know, today my awesome big bro is leaving for a 10 week mission trip and I am feeling like I might just die. Okay, not that bad but I can't imagine life without my truest, bestest :), and overall, favorite friend! 

So, Brother, I love you and will miss you immensely but know that this is part of God's plan for you as you grow up into man-hood. Know that I am praying for you and will always be there if you need to unload over the phone. 

A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

As I thought about this verse I know that Jesus Christ, my propitiation, is my closest friend and can always help me through a time like this, even though it is only 10 weeks. ( Which seems like a long time :) I know it is just a little selfish to want to hold him back but I just have to trust God. He created my brother, he can most definitely take care of him. This will be a great thing for him to experience and God will grow him through it, and that's important. 

Love you brother and be safe! We covet prayers for him as he travels!


Ps. Wow. This is post 60! 

3 comments:

  1. I'll be praying!

    It's really neat that you two are so close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the prayers! I heard from my mom earlier and they made it safely and were headed off for the dinner that will open the summer. My mom said that they are REALLY nice down there and that she has no doubts about his time there. She knows that God will definitely use it for the good. Please pray for us here... 10 weeks. WOW! I really don't know what I'll do! :)

    God bless ~ Shylock

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not fighting a losing battle because the Lord is in control. It is hard whenever a family member is away for awhile (if the family is close.... and what a blessing when a family IS close-knit .. like the Lord planned them to be!)
    We will be praying all summer long for the whole G family....and I am sure you'll find a lot you'll do! :)
    and hopefully some of those things even involve us! :-)

    ReplyDelete