Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Snowmen!

Today I had the privilege to help LJ build a snowman!!! We had a great time despite some rough moments along the way. Among those rough moments was attempting to get the "upper body" on top of the "lower body" but I am getting ahead of myself!


First we started with lower part. That took a lot of effort to roll that out! Meanwhile "LJ" was rolling the top part out. You can see the size of the lower part with the picture below.



Next came the middle part. Now, I really miscalculated this one as I started off. I thought that the lower pat was perfect. Nice and big. The only problem being that, as I was the only one out there big enough to wrestle down those big parts, when it came time to lift the middle part up... which was only a wee bit smaller than the "lower" part, there was some serious difficulty. After my fugal attempts I did what I should of done in the first place, Called "Dad"! :) We proceeded to get a board and with a lot of effort managed to roll it up on top of the lower part! Sorry that there isn't a picture of that. I was helping get the middle up there. :) Here is a size comparison with the middle. Already it is almost as high as LJ!



Next Dad and LJ took off down towards the woods and looked for eyes and "buttons". Durning that time I began to construct a much more manageable sized Snowman! Dad had already lifted the head up for us. Thanks Dad for all the help! :)




Next... the nose. A carrot from the fridge should take care of that problem! The eyes are walnuts that Dad and LJ found on the ground with sticks for the traditional arms. LJ must feel pretty small now! :) Pine tree branches were our selection for the mouths.




The finished product as we wave to you all! ( Don't miss the post below. It's new too! :)



1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a big snowman. I couldn't imagine making it with that heavy snow! Its face is really cute.

    ReplyDelete