Saturday, December 19, 2009

Here we go!/Winter has come!

Hey All!!!

We got our first BIG snow. If you have followed the weather or the news you'll see that the whole East Coast is getting dumped on. I would say that we have at least 6 inches as of snow with a whole bunch more coming. LJ and I were out there earlier and it is going to really pile up. I wouldn't be surprised if Church is canceled in the morning. I just hope that the play isn't canceled. Whatever God wills though.

Whatever God wills. That is something that I know that I could use to learn more. I started reading the Gospel of Mark 2 days ago and I have noticed something. If you have a study Bible or any Bible with an "introduction" to a book they will probably note that Mark uses the word "immediately" ( or straightway. ) 45 times. Such as in Mark 1:20-21, "And straightway he called them: and they left their father Zebedee in the ship with the hired servants, and went after him.
Mar 1:21 And they went into Capernaum; and straightway on the sabbath day he entered into the synagogue, and taught." After reading the intro those "straightways" really stuck out. Jesus didn't hesitate to do what was right. He did it IMMEDIATELY. How many times I have hesitated and procrastinated from doing what I KNOW I should do. What about you? God doesn't say that doing it right away will be easy.... Look at Mark 5:2, "And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit." This guy was a crazy, outcast, possessed man. As soon as Jesus stepped out of that boat, "But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him." Then Jesus said, "For he said unto him, Come out of the man, [thou] unclean spirit." It took courage to stand up to help this Crazy Maniac but Jesus had compassion. I pray that God would give me that compassion and the obedience.

Well I am going to throw up some pictures of the snow and I hope you enjoy!

Isn't the Snow just Beautiful?

Snow Angels!

God bless!!!
~JT : )


No comments:

Post a Comment