Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Second Snow and an update

Hey All!!!

Okay. I know it has been a LONG time with no post but I finally have time to hop on here. Forgive my absence.

Things are going well here and I am enjoying the cold weather. I would like to formally introduce you all to my good friend, Howard. He is the first of his kind this season and I think you will enjoy meeting him. ( To anyone named Howard I apologize for the coincidence. :) His picture shall come up shortly. Little J, Big J, and I made him after a snowball fight. :)

God is good, amen?!? I had the privilege to go to an Leaders in Training conference in the beginning of Dec and it was just a blast. I attended a session on Leading through fear and God really spoke. What stood out to me though was in the Last message by Evangelist Rich Tozour. Mr. Tozour was speaking on The Mantle of Leadership/Elisha and Elijah. I found it very interesting that Elijah went up in the Whirlwind not the chariot of fire or the horses but Elisha had to keep his eyes on Elijah and it would have been sssooo easy to watch all that was going on around him but Elisha kept his eyes on his goal. The most important part though is when Elisha reached down and picked up the Mantle of Elijah. I know... your thinking, "big deal with the weird turban okay?" But it is so much more than that. God had a plan for Elisha. He wanted to use him but it was up to Elisha to pick up that Mantle of Leadership and use it to be used by God. What about you? Has God given you a job to do? Are you willing to pick up the the "mantle" left in your local church, school, or just your sphere of influence as in your friends, family, and for some, co-workers? I know that God really spoke to me on picking up the job's that are there. God can use you. You don't need a bible college degree or anything like that. ( although those are good things and can help you serve even more. ) Pray and ask God what he would want you to do. It will change your life. I know it has changed mine.

Well I must go for if I kept going I wouldn't have anything left to type for future posts. :)
God bless you all as you grow closer to him in your life,
Adios Mé Compadres.
~JT





No comments:

Post a Comment