Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Good morning!

Good morning! 



Last night I was reading a commentary and something really stuck out. 


3. He provides. 


Psalm 104:27-30 "These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give [them] their meat in due season. That thou givest them they gather: thou openest thine hand, they are filled with good. Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust. Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth."


We are studying Theology Proper ( the study of God ) and last night I was reading on the Nature of God. Sometimes I really forget JUST HOW MUCH we rely upon God for our life, in fact, we wouldn't have life without Him! The verse says that if God hides his face we are troubled. That is so true. God never abandons us but sometimes it seems like I can't see him through the trouble and you know what, that BOTHERS me! Thankfully though the verse doesn't end there. "Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth." What comfort for me to know that the God of the universe is in control and that He will send His Spirit to renew us! No matter how big my problems may seem and even though I might not be able to see Him, He still provides, has given His Spirit to comfort and renew us, and we can trust in Him! 



God bless!



No comments:

Post a Comment